Re: [mu ANNOUNCE] Graphics WWW browser + GCC addon

From: salva (SInsalaco@fabernet.com)
Date: Wed Jan 27 1999 - 16:59:58 CET

Michele Andreoli <andreoli@pisoft.it> writes:

> what that? This is from my muLinux console: look at /dev/ram4 and
> /dev/ram5 rows: this is the multi-ramdisk GCC 1722k floppy addon!
> With this floppy, you puede, mon ami, NON-SOLUM buscar the celebrated
> GCC GNU compiler, SED-ETIAM the "chimera" graphics WWW browser for
> X Window (200k).

WOW!!!
It's what I've been waiting from a long time :D

> 6) Chimera browser
> -------------------
>
> Not so good, but work. Support http:, file:, ftp: and mailto: URL.
> No newsgroup browsing. GiF ok, JPEG no.

I see that you've followed my suggestion: good :)
Now, what else?
I could try to implement JPEG browsing, if what you say is true...

> Ho anche trovato un piccolo INTERPRETE BASIC: se lo volete, si puo'
> mettere.

I hate basic, but if it fits... :)

> Se si potesse, in un unico floppy, mettere il kernel, pppd, X Window e
> chimera, si potrebbe fare un QNX alla buona. Secondo voi, si puo'
> far partire chimera senza un Window Manager? Ah, saperlo!

Sure that it works...
Any aplication can work without Window Manager...
The only problem is that you cannot resize or do anything with it...
Why not try to rediscovre the twm? I think that is awful, but also
very small...

> Ciao,
> Michele
> --
> Mi sarebbe piaciuto concludere con un'affermazione positiva, ma
> non me ne vengono in mente. Vanno bene due negative?
> -- Woody Allen

Bye

salva