[mu OT] Ciao, Tschoe, Tschuess

From: Karl-Heinz Zimmer (khz@stardivision.de)
Date: Fri Jan 22 1999 - 09:16:59 CET

At 15:04 21/01/1999 Mimmo wrote:

> At 10.30 21/01/99 GMT, you wrote:

> >(Besides: Mimmo asked me how to say Ciao in german. I think Ciao
> > is an abbreviation of Adieu (french: à dieu) and in german we
> > use the words "Tschoe" or "Tschuess".)
> Excuse again, just one think again: may you try to write HOW
> must i tell that? I mean, CIAO is written CIAO and it's spoken CIAO;

That is only what _you_ mean, at my humble opinion CIAO is pronounced
as "Tschau". :-)))

> but "Tschuess" is written that way, but How it says?

"Tschuess" is pronounced the same way as "Ciao" but it ends with the
german "ue", ASCII 154, HTML "ü". Forse una parola francese
aiuta: il "u" en "Chalon-sur-Saône" è pronunciato così.

"Tschoe" is also pronounced the same way but it ends with the german
"oe", ASCII 148, HTML "ö". Par esempio vedi il "eux" en
"Montreux".

Hope this helps.

By,
Karl-Heinz